(c) 2012 City Births, LLC. All Rights Reserved
Childbirth Preparation: LIVE ONLINE GROUPs available - see details on our schedule and registration page .
We realize that your free time is valuable, most people do not have weeks or entire weekends to devote to classes. Our small groups allow you to cover the same information that would take weeks to cover in larger groups.
Small classes providing comprehensive information on Childbirth with an emphasis on the reality of birth in NYC:
- How your body prepares for labor and how to recognize the signs of labor
- The stages of labor - what to expect at each stage
- Timing contractions and when to go to hospital or birthing center
- What to expect when you arrive at the hospital or birthing center
- Natural Coping techniques (Breathing, Massage, Hydrotherapy, etc.)
- Pain Medication Options
- Cesarean Delivery
- Tips for Partners
- Tips on the best way to travel in NYC during labor!
The purpose is to present labor as a normal body process and to offer you the most comprehensive information for a more fulfilling birthing experience. Our goal is to help you determine which options are right for you; for some this means getting an epidural, for others using non-medical options and for many a combo of both! We offer unbiased, evidence based information on the realty of birthing in NYC.
All instructors are certified childbirth educators and have attended births at all of the major NYC Hospitals and Birth Centers. We use a combination of slide and video clips to help illustrate various aspects of birth. Our video clips do depict birth situations but they are not graphic in nature. (FOR ONLINE CLASSES - Videos sent after class)
Childbirth Preparation is ALL ONLINE NOW over Two (2) 3-hr sessions.
When to take: Any time in your third trimester.
For Schedule and Registration : Click Here